starting strength gym

Thread: Hip pain / Ibuprofen protocol

Default Hip pain / Ibuprofen protocol

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've run into a case of what I'm guessing is tendonitis, of the sort your book describes as being caused by a knees-forward squatting technique. I think this actually might be more of a relic of past training, because my form seems to check out. Regardless of the cause, I definitely have inflammation and anterior hip pain that worsens with flexion.

Since this isn't a tear, I'm guessing the Starr protocol isn't the route you'd go. Although the area is different, would you suggest trying what you outlined in this post:

You have apparently inflamed your hamstring origin at the ischial tuberosity. How, I don't know. What to do: start on 4 ibuprofen 4x/day for 5 days to get the inflammation under control. Limit your volume when you start back squatting (after the 3rd day) to one work set after warmups, 3x/week. A friction massage will help if you can find a therapist that knows how to do it.
    And do you recommend keeping all other work the same?

You've gone into some detail regarding the problem in your book, I'm just wondering how you go about fixing it once the correct form is established.

Thanks Mark.

Once you've got it, it takes a while to heal. Do the same thing I recommend for the hamstring origin, and expect it to take a month after your form is rock solid-correct.