starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SS and pull-ups

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It appears that several people are nearing their genetic potentials for retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    Mark, ConfuzzledOne has downloaded a copy of the first edition from some website. I don't expect you to release this post, just letting you know you're talking to a thief. Treat him accordingly.
    Yeah, he's a piece of shit if he did that. We just shut down a UK shithead that was offering to SELL an e-copy of both books on ebay.co.uk. Name is "Student Academic". Lots of pirated books for sale by this fucking parasite. ebay was cooperative, I'm happy to say.

On what basis are you accusing me of having pirated the book? All of you? And NO ONE who has read the book thinks the program is anything but squats, deadlifts, bench alternated with squats, powercleans press, so maybe this retard you're looking for is a bit closer to home?

Simple question Mark, are pull ups and sit ups a part of the official program or not? If so, why isn't that mentioned in the 20 odd pages of text on programming, as opposed to 1 photocopied hand written page? just curious? Because I know I'm not the only one who came away with that impression.

You do seem to have a reading problem, since no one has accused anybody except ConfuzzledOne and the Student Academic Piece Of Shit of stealing the book. There is no "official" program, since I am not anybody's official. There are several ways to do it that change with the needs of the trainee, but the one I give the most detailed example of in BBT uses chinups/pullups.

Well, not to be argumentative (sincerely), but you do always say 'don't fuck with the program'. Anyway, the important thing is I need to go do some chins.

And not to be flip, but since chinups/pullups are actually in the program, you won't be fucking with it if you do them. Why do you think I included Onus Wunsler in the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Yeah I do have the book and never noticed that picture.

So the OFFICIAL starting strength program has situps every workout and chins and back extensions every bench day? Adding these definitely does no constitute fucking with the program?

If so, just out of curiosity, why didn't you mention that this in the text when you describe the two workouts?

Also, I'm a bit confused because I read here:

http://www.strengthmill.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6857

I got the impression from that that they are definitely not in the program.
    How was this misunderstanding possible? The post that YOU QUOTED states only that pullups are hard (hard enough to interfere with press worksets if foolishly interspersed between sets). Nowhere does it state, suggest or imply that they are not to be included.

Mark, ConfuzzledOne has downloaded a copy of the first edition from some website. I don't expect you to release this post, just letting you know you're talking to a thief. Treat him accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yeah, he's a piece of shit if he did that. We just shut down a UK shithead that was offering to SELL an e-copy of both books on ebay.co.uk. Name is "Student Academic". Lots of pirated books for sale by this fucking parasite. ebay was cooperative, I'm happy to say.
    Dave I don't know what gave you the impression that i pirated a copy of Starting Strength. If this was because back in your moderated thread in BB.com about SS FAQs I asked once about how to download a copy of SS DVD i already apologised promptly and did not get a link or anything. And i was talking about the SS DVD and not the book, i had already previously bought the SS 2nd edition book from Amazon.com. And i even just last week purchased SS DVD from amazon.com so please do not spread false accusations about me. I know i was a dick for even asking about obtaining a downloaded copy of SS DVD, but i did not do so and hope that this would not be held against me for being a dumb fuck just once

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzl3don3 View Post
    Dave I don't know what gave you the impression that i pirated a copy of Starting Strength. If this was because back in your moderated thread in BB.com about SS FAQs I asked once about how to download a copy of SS DVD i already apologised promptly and did not get a link or anything. And i was talking about the SS DVD and not the book, i had already previously bought the SS 2nd edition book from Amazon.com. And i even just last week purchased SS DVD from amazon.com so please do not spread false accusations about me. I know i was a dick for even asking about obtaining a downloaded copy of SS DVD, but i did not do so and hope that this would not be held against me for being a dumb fuck just once
    I stand corrected.

I suppose I'm a bit old fashioned. I hate thieves with a passion and that includes electronic theft. Perhaps it's the anonymity but otherwise law abiding citizens think that there's nothing wrong with downloading copyrighted material. Merely asking how to steal something leaves a lasting impression with me.

I'm glad to hear that you didn't follow through with your download plans.

starting strength coach development program
    I stand corrected.

I suppose I'm a bit old fashioned. I hate thieves with a passion and that includes electronic theft. Perhaps it's the anonymity but otherwise law abiding citizens think that there's nothing wrong with downloading copyrighted material. Merely asking how to steal something leaves a lasting impression with me.

I'm glad to hear that you didn't follow through with your download plans.
    Yeah people these days talk about downloading pirated stuff - movies, books - as if its nothing. It's the same as walking into the video shop and stealing a DVD, or going to Dymocks and taking a book without paying. Like if the author themselves allow it then fine, but if not then it's no different to stealing. People just think that if they're sitting behind the comp then how can they be stealing. Ah well i guess i've had my share of dling movies and music so i ain't no saint either

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast