starting strength gym

Thread: Just a simple question -

Question Just a simple question -

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Good evening Sir, I was just interested in knowing your opinions on foam rolling to increase muscle tissue quality? Is there anything that you'd recommend instead? Thanks!

Muscle tissue quality is increased by rolling the muscle against a piece of foam? Does this also mash the fat out of the space between the muscle and the skin? Or maybe it makes the muscle stronger too, since an increase in muscle tissue quality would surely mean a stronger muscle. Perhaps with careful application of foam roller pressure to the right muscles in the right proportions it would be possible to increase the squat and deadlift without actually doing the exercises themselves, and SHRED the legs at the same time.

This is fascinating.

It works.

Take a roller(I prefer wood, but whatever) & grind it over your ribeye for a few minutes before tossing it on the grill. It definitely tenderizes increases the tissue quality.

Isn't foam rolling just a form of self-myofascial release?

Quote Originally Posted by bvonrod View Post
    Is there anything that you'd recommend instead? Thanks!
    I've never told anyone this before, but the key to increasing muscle tissue quality is that you have to sit in a tub of vasoline for thirty minutes before bed. Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    Isn't foam rolling just a form of self-myofascial release?
    Yes. I found that it aided me greatly when I first started SS, increasing mobility, aiding in recovering sore muscles and in my case, helping with sore hip flexors (although this was caused by bad form, as I later learned).

I foam rolled every day at first, but now I only use it after/before each workout. I recommend getting a hard one straight away. And be prepared for some pain the first few times.

Yes, it is just SMR. It does seem to work adhesions out of your muscles. It hurt like hell the first few times I tried it (IT band) but it does seem to loosen you up after a few times. Sorry, no I wasn't trying to imply this would replace actually doing any exercises, I guess I thought as more of an assistance for recovery, that's all.

You said "foam rolling to increase muscle tissue quality." Can I be forgiven for assuming you are dumb?

Default Duh

starting strength coach development program
    You don't need forgiveness...